Friday, April 27, 2012

That Gratitude List

Yesterday I mentioned two blogs that provide me with hope when the intense noise in my head tries to block anything closely resembling a desire to move forward. In an attempt to try out the idea that one can chose to change a negative attitude or negative belief to something more positive, it seems like a good time to list a few more people, places, and things that have influenced a willingness to look forward even during those times I was not totally convinced it was a great idea.

1. Amy Steinberg. Info can be found here: http://www.amysteinberg.net/  A friend of mine (ok, my therapist) turned me on to Amy a couple of years ago and I will be forever grateful. She writes all her own stuff and has an amazing voice. Inspirational, funny as hell,  or love ballads, her music can reach me when nothing else will. Hope is the first song I heard by Amy and it has remained one of my absolute favorites. It can be found here:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ksICuUewmyo. You can buy Amy's music on Itunes, Amazon, and cdbaby.

2. Dancing  I met my current boyfriend at what I only half-jokingly call a Senior Citizen's dance. He claims he had no choice but to ask me to dance since he already knew the other members of my party, and we have been dancing ever since. We aren't quite ready for Dancing with the Stars, but we are getting close. Plus, I like being pretty much the youngest one at the dance.

3 MollyDog Molly was rescued by a local animal shelter after her owner had kicked her out and left her in the middle of the town square. People actually saw this man force her out of his truck. She avoided all attempts by the good people of the animal shelter to rescue her and waited 5 weeks for this sorry jerk to return. Finally, when winter weather left her with little choice, she found herself warm and well-fed at the shelter. 3 weeks later we found each other. She is amazing, and we both have abandonment issues. We are a perfect match.

That's three. Certainly more than I deserve sometimes. And for number four, my family. I'm going to hang out with my kids-all incredibly bright, sweet, and all other great things despite their mom,  at one of the twin's softball games. One of the best catchers in the 14 and under league, if I do say so myself. So definitely, I am saving the best for last.

No comments:

Post a Comment